Howard County High School GT Orchestra
Our next concert will be at 3 pm on May 11th at the Jim Rouse Theatre at Wilde Lake HS.
The program will feature: Berlioz: Le Corsaire Overture, Saint-Saens: Cello Concerto #1, Respighi: Church Windows, No. 2 San Michele Archangelo, Wagner: Siegfried's Funeral March from Gotterdammerung, and de Falla: El Sombrero de tres picos (The 3-cornered hat)
BEN DENNE, Director
TIM REINHARDT, Director
ROSEMARY LATHER, Director
TIM MCKAY, Director of Percussion
Congratulations to Emily Park, winner of this year's concerto competition. Emily will perform the 1st movement of Prokofiev's 2nd Violin Concerto in our side-by-side concert with the Baltimore Symphony on February 19th.
In 2nd place was Laura Zheng with her performance of Saint-Saens' Cello Concerto No. 1 in a minor. Laura will play this selection accompanied with HSGTO on our May 11th concert.
The judges also wanted to award an honorable mention to Chun Mun Loke for his performance of the Shostakovich 2nd Piano Concerto.
Thank you to all who participated in this year's competition. The level of playing across the board was phenomenal. Every one of the participants should be incredibly proud of their performace.
The HSGTO performed at the 2009 Midwest Clinic held December 15-19 in Chicago, Illinois. The Midwest Clinic is one of the largest music conferences in the world. Held every year during the 3rd week of December, the Midwest Clinic commands an attendance of over 15,000 participants every year representing all 50 states and 30 countries. We are honored to be one of ten orchestras selected to perform for the 2009 clinic. Congratulations to all of the students who have contributed to the success of this orchestra.
Reconstruct the following addresses by substituting the words in bold with the correct symbols.
- Rehearsals are on Sunday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Howard High School
- For more information please contact the directors via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Ben Denne at 410-313-2839.
- Weather Alerts will be posted on this site. Our inclement weather decision follows the Howard County public schools activities cancellation policy, but when in doubt check.
- You MUST be in your school orchestra or band in order to participate.
- Auditions: Howard High School. Ellicott City, MD
- Concerts: Howard High School, the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, and the Jim Rouse Theatre at Wilde Lake High School. Columbia, MD
- Rehearsals: Howard High School. Ellicott City, MD
- Concerto Competition: Howard High School. Ellicott City, MD or Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.